Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Audio and Video products for multiple markets including Installed Systems, Live Sound, and Cinema. They are seeking a talented and motivated Project Manager for its Amplifier portfolio of products. The Project Manager will coordinate the development and execution of project baselines for the design, development, prototyping and full-scale testing of integrated hardware and software deliverables.
This position will require significant experience in leading and managing ODM/JDM engagements. The position will provide oversight for the operational aspects of the project and serve as the liaison between program management, senior management, internal and external customer representatives. You will continually review project status, expenditures and forecasts to complete projects on time and within budget. Assess project issues and develop solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
Specific Duties include:
- Project manage ODM/JDM partner engagements as well as in-house development.
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Collaborate with management and project team(s) in the assignment and assessment of project goals to meet larger and more strategic business objectives.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Manage the coordination of departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation. Will make presentations to internal and external audiences as needed regarding project status.
- Manages and prioritize the work of the program team by establishing schedules, task assignments, and tracking tasks of team members.
- Identify program issues/risks and creates a risk mitigation plan for multiple small programs or a single medium sized or complex program. Maintain and update the risk tracker.
- Provide weekly project status reports.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals, and business objectives.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and objectives to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Regularly manage team, time, and resources to maintain forward movement with complex initiatives and ensures deliverables are met. Persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks, mitigate and resolves issues that surface as defined above. This includes project teams who have a direct reporting relationship and project teams who do not have a direct reporting relationship.
- Interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- Participate in, lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business. Able to generate comprehensive RFQ package including writing Statement of Work deliverables for partner engagements by collaboratively working with Product Development, Supply Chain, Quality and other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Agile Software development methodology, e.g. SCRUM, ideal
- 5+ years Project Management experience or related work experience.
- 3+ years working with operating budgets, resources, and/or project cost's.
- Significant experience working with JDM’s required.
• Project Management - Knowledge of project management methodology (e.g., planning, scheduling, tracking, execution). This includes the ability to effectively use project management tools to carry out the project management function. Executes individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with minimal supervision. Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines. Able to coordinate multiple and competing deadlines simultaneously with multiple project teams without forgoing results.
• Technical Knowledge– Background and depth of experience with both hardware and software engineering. Ability to understand the technical aspects of a project and its requirements to ensure programs meet overall business outcomes. Able to use technical knowledge to gain buy-in and guide decision making process when differing agendas may interfere with achieving program goals. Tracks and manages all key metrics pertaining to a program and identifies when metrics deviate significantly from plan of record. Escalates issues in a timely manner and proposes corrective action. Works under little supervision.
• Analytical Skills - Conducts analyses to identify where an issue has occurred and makes recommendations for how to address the issue. Gathers, integrates, and interprets information from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers; analyzes multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing. Anticipates and discusses issues with team to maintain effective communication. Communicates within project team and outside of project team effectively through verbal and written means.
• People skills – the ability to bring people from different departments together to work on your project(s), and inspire and motivate them to deliver. This includes people from various company locations as well as 3rd party contractors and partners.