Our client is a leader in delivering protective coatings that safeguard electronics from corrosion and liquid. Working with some of the largest companies across industries including consumer electronics, IoT, medical device and automotive, our client delivers a better, more reliable, water resistant and waterproof product that reduces costly returns, improves customer satisfaction and drives overall brand value.
Because the company is growing, they are seeking to add two Application Engineers to their team. The Application Engineer (AE) is responsible for providing technical support to new and existing customers to help advance their understanding and use of various coating technologies and approaches. The AE will have a thorough understanding of the material sciences involved with protective coatings, the technology that supports them, and the processes utilized in the application (e.g. chemical vapor deposition).
This part of the job can be taught.
The AE will interact both with internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Account Management, Product Management) as well as external customers and prospects. As part of their day to day assignment they will provide technical consultation, solution design, training, and troubleshooting services. The successful candidate will be a proven self-starter, with 5+ of engineering or related experience, with broad manufacturing and technical acumen, as well as significant customer interaction experience.
Specific Duties include:
- Support pre sales activities and new customer programs in direct response to prospect/customer's requirements.
- Help develop and deliver complete and compelling proposals and presentations.
- Continuously bring new products and services to customers attention and help coordinate next steps and deliverables.
- Analyze customer products and be able to make DF(x) recommendations that will allow the product to best utilize Company technology.
- Become voice of customer internally to ensure that end product delivered to customer exceeds expectation.
- Analyze technical questions/problems and provide appropriate response(s) and support to resolve/address issue(s).
- Assist with sampling, testing and production based on prospect/customer requirements.
- Help design, develop and deliver training sessions for prospects/customers & sales team.
- Coordinate all internal and external technical communication with prospect(s)/customer(s), across functions.
- Establish and maintain key technical stakeholder relationships (e.g. R&D, engineering, operations) within and across the customer(s) organization.
- Collaborate with sales team, account management, process engineering, product management, and operations to successfully deliver Company solutions based on customer needs and expectations.
- Maintain customer records and provide responses to internal reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (equivalent experience considered).
- 5+ years of experience in technical field, engineering, and/or manufacturing of electronic components (familiarity with contract manufacturing a plus).
- Knowledge of high throughput manufacturing, automation production equipment, material science (chemicals), and/or coatings preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to document effectively, understand process flows and ensure compliance with practice.
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, ISO, etc. a plus.
- Hands on, field experience, working with electronic devices.
- Accomplished problem solver with track record of navigating complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak publicly in a clear and compelling fashion.
- Self starter with exceptional organizational and program management skills.
- Proficient in building relationships at all levels, and across all departments, of an organization.
- Experience with CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred).
- Ability to travel domestic and international up to 30%.
- ***Previous experience with coating solutions is NOT required—this part can be trained. Prior experience with electronics and dealing with customers however, is required.