Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Audio and Video products for multiple markets including Installed Systems, Live Sound, and Cinema. We are seeking a talented and motivated Technical Director, A/V Systems to join our growing engineering team in Boulder, Colorado.
The Technical Director, A/V Systems is one of the top technical members of the Systems products team. They work closely with other cross-functional members of the group (e.g. Product Management, HW Engineering, SW Engineering, Supply Chain, NPI, etc.) to plan and execute the new A/V Systems product roadmap for Company.
This person is accountable for coordinating the technical efforts of all team members working on multiple Systems projects. They have dotted line management responsibility for shared resources (no direct reports) from functional departments including Electrical HW, Software, Mechanical, Acoustics, and Signal Processing. This person will also contribute in a hands-on manner to the implementation as required. (approximately 20-25%)
The role includes overseeing and managing the Company's design partners working at global sites, in addition to projects based at our Boulder and Southern CA offices. This requires someone with excellent leadership and communication skills, and the desire and drive to grow and develop remote teams.
This is a senior-level position that reports directly to the Vice President of R&D. The successful candidate will bring both technical and business understanding, as well as excellent team and interpersonal skills. In return, the role offers the opportunity to shape the future of the Company's growing Systems A/V products line.
Specific Duties include:
• Oversees all technical resources on one or more cross-functional product development teams.
• Works closely with offshore design partners and contract manufacturers.
• Utilizes highly effective interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with third party providers.
• Creates and evangelizes technical solutions that best satisfy the technical, financial, manufacturability, quality, and time to market constraints and requirements.
• Ability and desire to travel to and work in China and other countries 15% of the time.
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience designing, building, and testing A/V products and related subsystems
(e.g. on-board DSP HW, FPGAs, PSUs, micro controllers, Cameras, speakers, etc.) for commercial or professional markets.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with offshore design partners (3rd party) and contract manufacturers.
• Knowledge of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) systems architectures and topologies.
• Experience creating cost effective solutions that meet aggressive product feature, cost, quality, performance, and time to market requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving capabilities.
• Excellent English language communication skills, both written and oral. Mandarin skills a plus.