||Senior Application Engineer / RF Transmitter and Receiver filters, San Jose
Our client is a high-growth technology company located in San Jose, CA. Their products are wireless power transmission systems. Because they are growing, they are seeking to add a highly motivated and creative Senior Applications Engineer to their staff.
The start-up nature of the company (although they are a publicly traded company) requires team members to take on new responsibilities and interface effectively with all parts of the organization to coordinate priorities, constantly surmounting new challenges both internally and client driven.
Specific Duties include:
- Engage closely with sales, engineering, and customer personnel to bring up new Tx and Rx (transmitter and receiver) filter products and reference modules at customer sites, troubleshoot customer prototypes, and develop solutions that support end-user applications.
- Support of architecture and low-level hardware questions and issues.
- Analysis of customer architecture and requirements.
- Integrate, test, and debug customer modules, systems and evaluation platforms based on Company Tx & Rx products, using bench top setups and state of the art electrical test equipment. This work will be performed at Company Headquarters and at global customer sites.
- Coordinate with operations engineering & regulatory to ensure end-to-end system readiness.
- Schematic and layout design reviews.
- Professionally manage relationships with key customers.
- Drive high customer satisfaction through excellent customer service, problem solving, and responsiveness.
- Train other Field Applications Engineers.
- Train customers on the use of Energous technologies directly and via web conferences.
- Document and advocate improvements for Company products to our QA, Development, and
- Product Management team(s).
- Develop customer documents such as data sheets, design guidelines, and application notes.
- Play a critical role in developing and fostering enduring customer relationships that grow Company business.
- 5-7 years plus BS/CE/EE/CS, in relevant fields with a strong track record of success, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with a variety of internal employees in Hardware and Software Engineering, Architecture, Field Applications Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory and senior management.
- Knowledge in most, if not all, of the following areas:
- Applications Engineering - Direct customer interaction and involvement
- Project or time management skills - Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to explain and train others on complex technology
- Debugging of complicated problems or bugs
- Hardware/software/firmware bring-up
- Training of customers and/or FAEs Architecture and Low Level Hardware/Software
- Solid working knowledge of RF Exposure evaluation methods for unlicensed and licensed technologies.
- Deep understanding of RF testing with an emphasis on WLAN, WWAN, NFC and Bluetooth.
- Experience with bench level testing using equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, digital communications analyzers, bit-error-rate testers, signal generators, network testers, optical and RF spectrum analyzers, fiber optic equipment, and custom test/evaluation boards.
- Experience in hardware/firmware bring up, including the use of GUIs and scripts for hardware control and automation.
- Experience in documenting product requirements extracted from industry safety and standards.
- Experience in risk management and performing risk assessments.
- Experience certifying new products.
- Experience interacting with customers, regulatory agencies, test labs, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a high energy environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and enthusiasm for solving customer problems in a collaborative manner.
- Significant travel to customer sites is required. (25-50%, domestic and international travel).
|For more info:
||If you're interested in this position, please email your resume to us.