We seek a Director or Senior Director of Brand Management (Depends on experience level) to join our client’s team, which has a long tradition of providing innovative audio products and services. The position will be located in southern California (San Diego County) at the Company corporate design center. The role requires an individual with extensive Brand management experience in consumer goods/products.
***The ideal candidate is someone who has deep experience as a GM of their category or brands and in multiple roles. A combination of Large and small company experience desired. Need Smart and analytical candidates who lead with data and insights. Also, must have P&L experience, meaning must have owned (100%) the revenue and margin performance for a category or brand.
Own and Drive overall Brand P&L for all regions, categories and products
Define and communicate GTM Strategies and Goals for all new products
Build business strategies and tactics across 3 pillars of marketing/product/distribution to grow brand
Validate Execution across all key stakeholders to achieve results < 90 days
Define annual brand marketing strategies and goals
Define, communicate, and maintain brand strategy, pricing strategy and brand positioning
Support Commercial Ops, Marketing, and Category Leaders on execution
Set strategic direction for and approve annual product plan for brand;
Define consumer target and ensure products, positioning, messaging, and marketing all meet needs
Approve product MSRPs, Cost and GM% targets for all products in roadmap, supporting category leaders with key decisions when trending off-target
Set and present on sound goals, design goals, brand characteristics and unique value propositions
Set average target brand-level BOM%s for ID, packaging, mechanicals, acoustics, and more
Manage and maintain full assortment and life cycle management, aligning business strategies while maximizing inventory turnovers
Approve the overall ID language for the brand
Analyze market and commercial trends to drive performance of the brand
Approve quarterly promotional plans and strategies from commercial ops
Provide commercial ops with retail training consumer, brand, and messaging
Approve brand guidelines for online consumer messaging and look/feel of web/social media channels
Approve and serve as primary point person for all strategic brand-level partnerships (i.e. Amazon Alexa)
Approve annual brand and global hero products
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in marketing, business, or strategy.
- MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10-15 years general management experience, including work in disciplines like brand management and strategy, marketing, and product management.
- Must have 4-6 years consumer durable product experience. (audio optional)
- Must have Full Brand/Category P&L ownership experience.
- Must have extensive experience driving and growing a business unit, brand, or category.
- Must be smart, analytical, and data driven.
- Global experience optional.
- Leadership/Management: Lead and motivate people from different departments, and provide visionary creative leadership.
- Insights-Driven: Capable of sorting through critical data, creating and communicating insights and implications to drive business growth.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Work effectively in teams and gains consensus without authority
- Communication: Persuasive, able to communicate ideas effectively in a concise manner
- Problem Solver: Approach a problem from multiple angles, must be able to collaborate to generate unique ideas to solve complex problems
- Organizational/Time Management: Balance numerous projects and issues at one time, and properly prioritize projects
- Additional skills: interpersonal, enthusiasm, passion for helping the consumer, passion for technology, passion for movies or music.
- Executive presence: able to lead and inspire across various levels of the organization, truly presents himself/herself with confidence